Winter may be around the corner, but this autumn inspired look will never disappoint. I went straight to one of my best friends (and personal beauty guru), Zakiyah so she could share one of her favourite everyday looks with you. It’s a natural and warm look for school, work or any day out. It’ll make your eyes pop without being excessively dramatic.
- Urban Decay Naked3 Palette
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
- NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo Orgasm/Laguna
- L’oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara
- MAC Lip Pencil Soar
- MAC Lipstick Captive (optional)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
First thing’s first: prepare your canvas. Whether you use foundation, concealer, one but not the other, or neither, this would be the time to do that. Zakiyah also prepared by applying the Urban Decay Primer Potion on her eyelids up to her brows. Any primer will help ensure vibrancy and crease-free application. She also applied a little bit of Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eyeshadow in Rose Gold to hydrate her lids and give it that extra pop of colour. But no need to worry if you skip this step!
1. Pat Trick from Naked3 evenly all over your lids. Then using a blending brush, take Foxy and WOS (Walk of Shame) from Naked Basics and blend it along the outer corners/edges of your eyes and lightly under your brows.
2. With the same brush, apply Nooner along the crease. Go back again with Nooner and lightly blend where the colours meet.
3 + 4 are samples of the look so far. It should be a nice gradient of rose gold colours.
5. Again with the same brush, apply *a little* bit of Darkside and Nooner together on the crease and outer corners of your eyes. Slightly blend it together.
6. Touch it up by taking Foxy and WOS under your brows. Finish off with the palettes by applying Venus to the inner corner of your eyes and right under the arch of your brows to highlight.Now take your favourite eyeliner and create a gentle wing. Finally, curl those lashes and be generous with the mascara.
Your eyes may be complete but pull the whole look together by…
- Applying blush on the apples of your cheeks and blending it up (make that puckering face!)
- You can also define your cheeks with a highlighter on the cheekbones
- And last but not least, those lips! We wanted a matte finish so we took the MAC Lip Pencil Soar to balance the look—but of course you can use a lipstick in a similar colour, like our MAC Lipstick Captive
That’s it! A list of simple steps for a fabulous everyday look.
A special thanks to Zakiyah for her inspiring makeup ensemble.