Hey everyone! We are Rachel Leung and Rachel Chew from Radiant Rachels and we are both very excited to share a delightful frosty recipe on Mint to Inspire in honour of their sweet themed month of January.
A little about us:
- We are based in Vancouver, British Columbia and are both enrolled in Human Nutrition programs at the University of British Columbia.
- Our blog focuses on sharing recipes using wholesome, nourishing whole foods with our global Internet friends.
- We cannot live without ice cream.
Enough about us, it’s time to shine our attention to this sweet healthy concoction. Because mint chip ice-cream is one my our favourite classic ice-cream flavours and because we are guest posting on MINT to Inspire (our clever-ness is unreal), we figured it would be very fitting to share a Vegan Cracked Mint Ice Cream recipe with you all today!
This recipe requires only 4 ingredients and a blender, so what are you waiting for? Healthy, dairy-free ice cream dream in its glory with minimal time and clean-up. This beats sugar-laden “frozen desserts” any day.
I’d say this makes a single serving, but according to serving sizes, I’m a family of four, so maybe this serves more than one… who shares ice cream though? Definitely not me. Or Leung. It’s a crime in our book.
Without further ramblings of ice cream and crimes, let’s head on over to the recipe!
Vegan Cracked Mint Ice Cream
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 1 avocado
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients in a blender except chocolate chips
- Transfer ice cream into freezers-safe container
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Store in freezer and stir every 30 minutes. It took 1.5 hours (3 stir intervals) to reach a thick soft serve consistency